Community CPA Logo

Whether you’re an individual, a business, a nonprofit, or handling a trust or estate, proper planning and guidance from a well-versed professional can make managing your business operations easier.

Community CPA specializes in tax strategy to help you navigate and understand your taxes.

Tax Audit Representation Services

Whether it is your personal or business tax audit, you can trust Community CPA. We provide knowledgeable and experienced assistance to help resolve tax disputes with governmental agencies. We are authorized representatives for both you and your business in dealing with Federal and State government agencies.

We represent our clients with honor, integrity, and diligence:

  1. We have more than 25 years’ experience working with the IRS and have a track record of success in resolving numerous tax audit cases.
  2. Community CPA is widely respected by IRS auditors. Ying is presently sitting on the National Taxpayer Advocacy Panel, contributing her time and experiences to improve the IRS.
  3. We fight hard for taxpayer’s rights and work to make you aware of your rights. You can rest assured that we put in time and energy to safeguard your interest in front of the government agencies.
  4. We are available and accessible to you 6 days a week.

With more than 25 years of experience, Community CPA will work for your interests. Leave your case with us and we will get to work until it is resolved. We do not give up.

Click on the links below to see some of the IRS No Change Letters and Court Case we have handled.

Tax Planning, Re-Structuring, and Tax Preparation

Reevaluating your tax structure is a smart thing to do because proper tax planning and reorganization of your business entity can help save cash. We help you choose the suitable tax entities and obtain all required licenses and permits for you so you can run your particular trade or business immediately. November begins our Firm’s tax planning season.

If you have done tax planning with Ying in the past, you understand how complex issues can be made simple and how tax dues can be turned into cash savings. A good tax strategist does not solely dwell on business expense deductions; at Community CPA, we possess the keys to your success through knowledge of tax structures and tax planning, saving you a lot more than deducting menial Starbucks coffees.

Foreign Tax, Tax Treaty and Foreign Assets Reporting

We are specialists with international tax issues, which includes: NAFTA convention between Canada, Mexico and the US; Residency status determination for income tax purpose; Immigrant tax planning and tax resolution; Tax withholding on nonresidents; Foreign tax credits; Canadian tax and US tax filings; Visa limitations, Canadian T1 and US 1040NR tax filings. We team up with immigration lawyers specialized in immigration matters and provide support to their work and litigation.

Foreign Tax

Foreign tax issues can be confusing, frustrating, overwhelming and intimidating. At Community CPA & Associates Inc we specialize in dealing with foreign tax issues. You can count on our extensive knowledge and experience to help solve your problem.

As an individual, you can encounter these issues when you are not a US citizen, but they can also crop up if you are a US citizen and have foreign investments and bank savings. As a business, you can encounter foreign tax issues when hiring workers in the United States with Visas, or when you need to send employees out of the country to work for a period of time.

To give you an idea of the types of other foreign tax assistance we offer, we’ve listed the questions we are frequently asked:

  • How to report the foreign assets on Form 8938?
  • I am in the United States only part of the year. Do I file 1040NR or 1040?
  • I am a dual-status alien. What do I do about my taxes?
  • I am an H1 Visa holder – I would like to start a business. How?
  • My wife has an ITIN. If I include her on my return, I would lose all of my refund. Why?
  • Can I have a business under an ITIN?
    I want to buy a land in Iowa but I am not a U.S. citizen. Is there an issue?
  • I have rental property in China, but live in the U.S. for 3 months per year and live in Canada 9 months per year. Where do I need to file taxes, and how do I separate my income?
  • My company sent me to China this fall. What is going to happen to my tax return?
  • I have an excellent employee. But he cannot work here anymore unless my business sponsors him for an H1B Visa. Can you tell me whether my company is qualified to sponsor him? If so, what is the process to make this happen?
  • If I am an F-1 or J-1 Student Visa holder, what do I do with my tax returns? What are the tax treaties that apply to my country?
  • I have a bank account in Germany that I hold Euros in. Do I need to file with the IRS to tell them how much I have?
  • How do I convert my foreign currency to report it on my US tax return?
  • What forms do I need to file if I hold stocks in a company based in France?

If you have similar questions, you will surely find your answers with us. You can email us your questions, and depending on the complexity of your situation, we can often give you the answers you need without charge. If your situation is a bit more complex, you can set up an appointment and we will be delighted to work with you. We are committed to helping you understand and resolve these issues.

Contact Us

Des Moines Office: (515) 288-3188
Coralville Office: (319) 208-3712
Minneapolis Office: (612) 808-9418
California Office: (831) 218-4346

Dan Kim
Business Consultation
Client service
Song Mo
Spanish client services


Fax: (515) 271-8889

Des Moines, Iowa

3816 Ingersoll Ave.
Call: (515) 288-3188
Mon-Sat 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST

Coralville, Iowa

2421 Coral Ct. Suite 1
Call: (319) 208-3712 
Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST

Minneapolis, Minnesota

8722 Lyndale Ave. S
Call: (612) 808-9418
Mon-Sat 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. CST